"Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men." - The Apostle Paul, to the Church at Colossae
I also enjoy music, have been known to play drums and bass guitar, and enjoy solving Rubik's cubes of all sizes! Feel free to take a look around and contact me with any questions!
- Familiar with: Rust, C# and .NET Framework, Java, Kotlin, Swift, SQL
- Database: PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server, SQLite/SQLCipher, MongoDB, Redis
- Server: nginx, Apache httpd
- Tools: Docker, Git, Jenkins, Travis CI
- Platforms: macOS, Linux / Unix, Microsoft Windows
- Worked with React, Apollo, TypeScript, and Ruby on Rails.
- Worked with React, Redux, Electron, and TypeScript with legacy and modern features.
- Worked with SQLite, SQLCipher, and Protobufs.
- Worked with and designed for systems involving distributed state.
- Implemented features with keyboard accessibility in mind.
- Implemented virtualized, fuzzy-searchable emoji picker and inline emoji typeahead with fuzzy search.
- Implemented sticker creator for Signal Desktop utilizing native libraries for conversion and encryption.
- Implemented protocols with low-level encryption primitives.
- Refactored the application to support different addressing schemes.
- Worked extensively in open source and worked directly with our users.
- Designed and implemented WebSocket communication layer with sagas.
- Designed and implemented generic upload queueing system with sagas.
- Designed and implemented SVG-based annotation tools.
- Designed and implemented cross-window Redux store sync for Electron.
- Designed and implemented complex, application-wide drag and drop functionality.
- Hired as Senior Software Engineer. Promoted to Lead Software Engineer in March 2018.
- Worked with React, Redux, Vue, Angular, Node, PHP, MySQL, and Docker.
- Used Flyway for database migrations across multiple client environments.
- Designed and created a dashboard for monitoring doctors and their workloads across multiple facilities.
- Prototyped Electron applications with native integrations.
- Open-sourced a Babel plugin for automatic dependency injection in Angular.
- Worked with React, Redux, Dojo, and OpenSocial, continually integrating bleeding-edge web technologies.
- Focused on modular, high-performance code capable of running in varying environments with varying content security policies.
- Developed front-end request layer mimicking Dojo’s request API providing automatic reauthentication with no changes required to client code.
- Automated builds and deployments with Jenkins.
- Conducted technical interviews for intern and new hire candidates.
- Created a mock browser environment for load testing Verse’s offline capabilities.
- Created shim for testing New Relic Synthetics offline.
- Worked with the Dojo Toolkit, OpenStreetMap, and OpenLayers.
- Developed a prototype for an IBM Smarter Cities data visualization product.
- Led a team of software developers and business people to create a mobile application development solution targeted at non-technical users.
- Worked with an agile scrum process using Rational Team Concert to manage tasks.
- Project features an intuitive drag and drop interface which allows non-technical users to create their own applications out of functional building blocks.
- Presented technical project details to multiple IBM executives.
- Worked with ASP.NET MVC (C#) and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Created stored procedures for Microsoft SQL Server to generate reports on various data collected from stores.
- Created an internal web application to help corporate employees better manage their daily tasks. Application features on-call phone listing and a time-off request form where corporate employees could find coverage if they needed time off.
- My personal GitHub profile contains personal projects and contributions to various open source projects. Notable open-source contributions include the MongoDB NodeJS Driver, JSDom, and the Frontend Maven Plugin.
- instant.bible is a Bible search engine which delivers results instantly as you type. The engine is written in Rust and has native clients written in Swift (FFI), Kotlin (JNI), and TypeScript/React (WASM).
- Cursor Dance Party is a tech demo of WebSockets and HTML5 Canvas. Users see the cursors of all other connected users as they move around. Survived the front page of reddit.
- Designed and implemented live production setup using ProPresenter, Reaper, Lightkey, Wirecast, and dedicated production hardware.
- Designed and implemented an RTMP streaming relay in the cloud with Docker, Nginx, and Stunnel.
- Set up electronic drums to trigger sounds with Superior Drummer and set up external MIDI controller running through the drums to control click tracks, backing tracks, lights, projection, and recording.
- Performed weekly setup and teardown of professional A/V equipment including sound, recording, video, live streaming, and projection.
- Provided hands-on training, recorded instructional videos, and wrote documentation for other volunteers.
- See full setup diagram.
- Received Bachelor’s of Science in Computer Science.
- Received two awards for outstanding performance in individual classes.
- Made the Dean’s List three out of four semesters.
- Received Associate’s of Science in Engineering and Science Transfer (Focus on Computer Science).
- Received two annual awards for outstanding overall performance.
- Completed two directed studies (one in Computer Science and one in Math).
- Made the Dean’s List all four semesters.