I also enjoy music, play drums and bass guitar, and am a big time fan of the New England Patriots. Feel free to take a look around and contact me with any questions.
- Familiar with: C# and .NET Framework, Java, Scala, Ruby, Swift, SQL
- Database: PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server, MongoDB, Redis
- Server: nginx, Apache httpd
- Tools: Docker, Git, Jenkins, Travis CI
- Platforms: macOS, Linux / Unix, Microsoft Windows
Candescent Health · 221 Crescent Street, Building 5 Suite 301 · Waltham, MA · April 2016 - Present
- Worked with React, Redux, Vue, Angular, Node, PHP, MySQL, and Docker.
- Used Flyway for database migrations across multiple client environments.
- Designed and created a dashboard for monitoring doctors and their workloads across multiple facilities.
- Prototyped Electron applications with native integrations.
- Open-sourced a Babel plugin for automatic dependency injection in Angular.
Staff Software Engineer · Core UI and Performance · IBM Verse
IBM · 550 King Street · Littleton, MA · January 2013 - April 2016
- Worked with React, Redux, Dojo, and OpenSocial, continually integrating bleeding-edge web technologies.
- Focused on modular, high-performance code capable of running in varying environments with varying content security policies.
- Developed front-end request layer mimicking Dojo’s request API providing automatic reauthentication with no changes required to client code.
- Automated builds and deployments with Jenkins.
- Conducted technical interviews for intern and new hire candidates.
- Created a mock browser environment for load testing Verse’s offline capabilities.
- Created shim for testing New Relic Synthetics offline.
Smarter Cities Technical COOP
IBM · August 2012 - November 2012
- Worked with the Dojo Toolkit, OpenStreetMap, and OpenLayers.
- Developed a prototype for an IBM Smarter Cities data visualization product.
IBM Extreme Blue Innovation Lab Technical Intern
IBM · 11501 Burnet Road · Austin, TX · May 2012 - August 2012
- Led a team of software developers and business people to create a mobile application development solution targeted at non-technical users.
- Worked with an agile scrum process using Rational Team Concert to manage tasks.
- Project features an intuitive drag and drop interface which allows non-technical users to create their own applications out of functional building blocks.
- Presented technical project details to multiple IBM executives.
Technology Administrator / Systems Development
Big Y Foods, Inc · 2145 Roosevelt Ave · Springfield, MA · 2010 - 2012
- Worked with ASP.NET MVC (C#) and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Created stored procedures for Microsoft SQL Server to generate reports on various data collected from stores.
- Created an internal web application to help corporate employees better manage their daily tasks. Application features on-call phone listing and a time-off request form where corporate employees could find coverage if they needed time off.
- Personal GitHub Profile contains personal projects and contributions to various open source projects. Notable open-source contributions include the MongoDB NodeJS Driver, JSDom, and the Frontend Maven Plugin.
- Cursor Dance Party is a tech demo of WebSockets and HTML5 Canvas. Users see the cursors of all other connected users as they move around. Survived the front page of reddit.
ExcelChurch · Leominster, MA
- Designed and implemented live production setup using ProPresenter, Reaper, Lightkey, and Wirecast.
- Set up electronic drums to trigger sounds with Superior Drummer and set up external MIDI controller running through the drums to control click tracks, backing tracks, lights, projection, and recording.
- Weekly setup and teardown of professional A/V equipment including sound, recording, and projection.
- Provided hands-on training, recorded instructional videos, and wrote documentation for other volunteers.
- See full setup diagram.
University of Massachusetts Amherst
Amherst, MA · 2011 - 2013
- Received Bachelor’s of Science in Computer Science.
- Received two awards for outstanding performance in individual classes.
- Made the Dean’s List three out of four semesters.
- GPA: 3.7
Springfield Technical Community College
Springfield, MA · 2009 - 2011
- Received Associate’s of Science in Engineering and Science Transfer (Focus on Computer Science).
- Received two annual awards for outstanding overall performance.
- Completed two directed studies (one in Computer Science and one in Math).
- Made the Dean’s List all four semesters.
- GPA: 3.8